As you all know, the day of love is just around the corner. A day when red rose sales are at an ultimate high, jewellery is flying off the shelves, and restaurants are overflowing with happy couples. But what if you’re alone this Valentine’s? Your partner might not believe in the holiday (*cough cough* Damian!), or you could live apart. Maybe you’re happily married with children and time together seems an impossibility, or maybe you’ve just not found the special one yet. Then what? Then you have a date with yourself for the night, and here are some fabulous ways to do it (and some lovely giveaways will follow to get you started)…
- Grab yourself a book (a girly romance will be perfect!), get some candles lit, whip on a snuggly jumper and settle down on the sofa for a long, warm night with some book boyfriends or in magical place a world away from your living room sofa.
- Love isn’t just about partners! Why not settle down with a cocktail and some cute stationery? Write a note to your besties telling them just why you love them, or reminisce on some good times in a greetings card for them. Grace & Valour stock the perfect cards for this… And you can win some if you keep reading!
- Whether we like to admit it or not, we all have an ultimate celebrity crush. For me it’s always going to be Bradley Cooper or Sam Claflin. Maybe you’re more of a Johnny Depp or a Channing Tatum kind of woman? Either way, rent or download a few of their movies and treat yourself to cosy night in with tonnes of on-screen eye-candy.
- Get crafty! I find nothing more relaxing than adult colouring books, and I can also spend hours doing cross stitch. Find a craft you enjoy and spend your night getting creative. Tonnes of fun, and you’ll have something pretty to show for it at the end.
- Since you’re not going to be spending your hard-earned cash on someone else this Valentine’s, you might as well spend it on yourself. Whether it’s a spa day, some jewellery, a salon splurge or a massive online clothes haul, treat yourself to something special – and don’t feel guilty about it!
There you have it! Five ways to spend your Valentine’s if you’re alone this year. Now for the really exciting part… How about some special giveaways to help you get your evening started? I have some fabulous prizes lined up for you below (T&Cs are at the bottom!)…
For all you lonely bookworms, I have two fabulous books waiting for you. You can win a copy of Claudia Carroll’s Meet Me in Manhattan courtesy of Avon Books, and there’s also a signed paperback up for grabs from the lovely Rachel Brimble.
For those who of you who would like to try getting crafty this Valentine’s, The Treasured are letting me giveaway a beautiful ‘Sleep Tight’ embroidery kit by Make Arcade.
Want a snuggly jumper to settle down in? BonPrix are offering one lucky winner a jumper of their choice from their knitwear collection up to the value of £30.
If you like the idea of sending greetings cards to your friends, why not enter to win three fabulous cards from Grace & Valour? The beautiful cards up for grabs are Shake Your Tail Feather, Oh You Magnificent Bitch and Chillax.
Want to treat yourself but can’t quite afford to? You can win a beautiful dragonfly scarf thanks to Find4YouAccessories. It’s a gorgeous dark red colour – click here to see a picture! If you can’t wait, use discount code BEAUTYBOOKSBABBLE for 15% off!
So what are you waiting for? Get entering! They’re open to the UK only and close at midnight on February 9th. Good luck, and in the meantime I’d love to hear what you’re up to this Valentine’s in the comments below. ツ