I struggle to get into the Autumn spirit through September as I usually have a nice sunny holiday booked. Now we are into October and my holidaying is all done, I feel like Autumn is well and truly here.
This means I can finally make my list of main reasons for loving Autumn! I know, I know; so many people make these lists. Chances are I have the same reasons as so many others, but what the heck! Let’s all share the Autumn loving. So, what exactly do I like about this wonderful season…?
- The dark evenings. I absolutely love finishing evening lectures and coming out to dusk. The sky always looks gorgeous and it puts me in the mood for going home and getting straight into my jim jams (and who doesn’t love that?!).
- Crunchy leaves. Let’s be honest, we’ve all gone out of our way to stand on a particularly crunchy looking leaf, and then end up being completely disappointed if it doesn’t meet our expectations.
- Chunky knits. Yes ladies, we can dig out our favourite jumpers, scarves, gloves and hats. Bring it on!
- Having the fire on. Once the colder weather approaches, it finally becomes acceptable to put on the fire for a super cosy setting in your living room.
- Candles. Truth be told, I pretty much have candles on throughout the full year (they just look so cute!) but they seem just that bit more lovely in the Autumn!
- Saturday night TV. Yes, I do mean The X Factor live shows and Take Me Out, most probably watched whilst I gobble on a nice, warm takeaway.
- Ankle boots and jeans. I really hate wearing pumps/sandals because I have a weird thing about where my foot joins my ankle. I dunno, I just don’t like it. So now the colder weather is coming, I can reunite with jeans and ankle boots, ahhh.
- Hot chocolates*. Warm summer nights are just not the right setting for a hot chocolate. Chilly autumn nights, however… Perfect! (*preferably with cream and marshmallows)
- Fleecey blankets. With a colder nighttime temperature comes fleecey blankets we can snuggle under without becoming sweaty, sticky and uncomfortable!
- My birthday! Yes, I’m an Autumn baby (next week, in fact!), and although the birthday excitement is wearing off as I’m getting older, it’s always nice to receive some gifts from my loved ones.
So guys and gals, do you agree with any of the reasons I think Autumn is awesome? Or maybe there are other reasons you think I should have popped on the list? Let me know in the comments below! ツ