Heh, see what I did there with the title?
While summer may be a perfect time for picnics in the sun, and winter promises an excuse for cosy dates, autumn really is a wonderful time to plan some slightly more fun and perhaps unusual dates. With nature’s palette changing, an abundance of seasonal activities on the run up to Halloween, and crisp outdoor air, you have no excuse not to dabble in a spot of dating, whether date in Hull like me or partaking in a spot of Wiltshire dating.
But sometimes the hardest part can be deciding what to do. So, to help you out, I’ve compiled a list of seven fun and easy date ideas to help get you started…
- Embrace the spooky side of autumn and go on a ghost tour. With Halloween on the horizon, you’ll be sure to find a fun ghost tour nearby that you and your date can go on. And if you get a little spooked? Well, it’s a perfect excuse to snuggle up to your date and squeeze their hand!
- Hike through the autumn leaves together. While hiking makes for a lovely active date all year round, there’s something about the colours of autumn that’ll make the walk even more magical. Whether you’re dating in Yorkshire or doing a bit of Wiltshire dating, you should have no problem hunting out a route blanketed by autumn leaves.
- See if sparks fly in more way that one at a bonfire. Yes, with autumn comes Bonfire Night, and with Bonfire Night comes plenty of stunning fireworks displays. Get wrapped up warm to go and watch the display of your choice, and maybe even cuddle up beneath the colourful explosions.
- Get your creative juices flowing and carve pumpkins. If you and your date fancy getting creative (and getting your hands dirty!) then why not each grab a pumpkin and get carving? You can even let things get a little competitive and ask your social media followers vote for which is best!
- Feeling naughty… then why not try some sexy Halloween roleplay? Get yourself dressed up in something spooky but sexy, and spend Halloween indulging in some naughty roleplay in the bedroom. Perhaps you can let Dracula suck your blood, or you can cast as sexy spell on your partner!
- Channel your inner child and play amongst the leaves. Find the crunchiest leaves to stand on, jump into any huge piles you come across, and get cheeky with a childish lead fight! A little tumble might see you kissing amongst the leaves, and doesn’t that just sound lovely?!
- Blankets, snuggles, Netflix and chill. Sometimes the old faithfuls are all we need, and an evening with good films and snuggles beneath blankets does just the trick… whether you let the “chill” part of the night happen is up to you. (That’s one way to keep warm in the autumn months though, eh?!)
So, get to it! Download a dating app, grab your other half, or perhaps plan a mate date! Which of the above date ideas will you be trying first?